Due to continued developments with the corona-virus and recommendations from both local health and government officials, Liberty will not meet in-person for our Sunday services this weekend. Instead, we ask you to join us live online during one of our regular service times:
Sunday at 8:00am
Sunday at 9:30am - Discipleship Class (will also be streamed)
Sunday at 10:30am
Instragram @obxkingdomkids or www.facebook.com/obxkingdomkids)
Our children's ministry will also be offering streaming ministry and resources online. You will also receive an email from Pastor Lisa with lessons and crafts for your children.
Rise Liberty Youth
www.facebook.com/riselibertyyouth orInstagram @riselibertyyouth
Our youth ministry will be hosting and streaming services Thusdays at 6:30pm as well as online devotionals every weekday.
Small Groups/Ministry Areas/Programs & Events:
PAUSE AND PRAY...we are currently pausing all gatherings at the church building. We are asking all of our small groups and ministry areas to not meet together face to face. So while groups are not able to meet in person, maintain connection! Start a phone tree to pray with one another, use social media to your advantage and host bible study by streaming it online or posting weekly/daily devotionals. Use resources such as; Whats App, Google Hangouts, Zoom, Facetime or Facebook Livestream to continually engage as a group.
Stay informed and in touch
We will be posting WEEKLY updates each Monday by noon for the week at hand on our Facebook page.
Please make sure you check the website www.libertyobx.com, facebook, and the eblast to be informed. (If you do not receive the weekly eblast and would like to, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The church Pastors and staff are available so reach out via email or phone 252.441.6592
Care line is available 252.489.5610 email@example.com
“ For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7
“do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Be confident in the Lord and wise, do not panic
- We must respond first in prayer and take our concerns to the Lord who hears and is faithful! He is God. He is good and is sovereign. He can be trusted!
- We must listen to and only share RELIABLE information from RELIABLE sources and respond appropriately to that information. Beware of alarmist news, social media, and conversations.
What do we ask of you?
- Please pray. Pray for those already affected. Pray for those who are most vulnerable. Pray against panic and fear and don’t give into it.
- If you feel you have symptoms (of any virus) or are sick, please stay home, contact your doctor, and take the appropriate measures.
- Join us online via our Livestream for our worship services, community, and other content.
- Check on and help your neighbors, be generous, look for opportunities to share Jesus and encourage others.
- Read and embrace the Best Health Practices, Self-Care, and Support Practices Listed on the back of this handout.
Best Health Practices (from the Center for Disease Control)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick until you are symptom free.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw it in the trash.
- If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into the bend of your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household disinfecting spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use sanitize.
- Maintain your normal routines as much as possible.
- Connect with family and friends.
- Eat well.
- Stay active.
- Get adequate rest.
- Do enjoyable activities.
- Spend time with the Lord in prayer, worship, reading, and rest.
Support One Another
- Remain connected to community.
- Ask yourself, “In what ways can I help and support others?”
- If you are fearful, distressed, worried, anxious, and depressed, reach out to someone for help.
We cannot emphasize it enough; God is good and God is faithful. We do not have to fear. We get to dwell in the shadow of the Most High! Let us pray, trust in the Lord, do our part to serve, and be wise stewards. Don’t panic, the majority of what is listed above are things we should be doing normally anyway.
We have a tremendous opportunity in a time where many are panicked, fearful, and some are suffering to be a light and share the hope that is only found in Jesus Christ!
Remember to stay in touch with our emails, social media, and website for the latest information regarding our church family!
Pastor Scott Hobbs